There's a lot of talk about the importance of establishing a circular economy these days. It's even the focus of the 2015 World Resources Forum in Davos, and the 2015 oikos Central and Eastern Meeting in Vienna. But what does it mean, and how can we act?
According to the Ellen MacArther Foundation, a circular economy:
1. is a global economic model that delineates between economic growth and development and the consumption of limited resources.
2. distinguishes technical from biological materials.
3. emphasizes the design and use of materials and processes that are efficient and support the maintenance and growth of our resources.
4. encourages innovation in areas ranging from product design to business processes to farming.
5. strives to be our toolkit for achieving a resilient economy with longterm viability.
Head over to #EcothisEU to take action.